Shirley Anne Fortina is the director of the POD Consultancy and is a facilitator, trainer, business development coach, speaker and author. In 2009, Shirley Anne wrote a report entitled ‘Women in Business’ and in Sept 2012, she co-authored ‘Strategic Internal Communications: Boosting corporate culture, productivity and profitability’; both edited and published by The ARK Group (Australia and UK).
Shirley Anne has significant experience in building and developing strong relationships on a cross corporate basis with colleagues, existing clients and potential clients. She has over 25 years of experience in the banking and finance sectors, across a broad range of companies and industries, in three countries (South Africa, England and Australia) and in various roles.
Having worked for a number of organisations, Shirley Anne has been exposed to many different types of systems, processes, management structures, cultures and people. She is experienced in facilitation, leadership, coaching and formal training, negotiation, preparation, presenting and closing of new business proposals; risk management and compliance; strategic business development planning and implementation; client management and relationship building.
Shirley Anne is accredited to deliver:
- CLICK! Colours, a tool that helps people and teams build relationships quickly, by understanding what makes people tick!
- Internationally Accredited Extended DISC, a behavioural style tool that can help you improve your interpersonal communications and your business relationships.
- MBTI – Myers Briggs, a tool that helps how people perceive the world around them and make decisions.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting & Business Economics), University of South Africa
- Licentiate Diploma (The Institute of Bankers in South Africa)
- Associate Diploma (The Institute of Bankers in South Africa)
- Advance Insolvency Law and Practice Certificate Unit 1 (Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia)
- Frontline Management Diploma (Australian Institute of Management)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Australian Institute of Management)
- AMEB Certificate for Eighth Grade Voice and Communication
- Australian Institute of Company Directors Diploma (GAICD)
- Associate Fellow of Australian Institute of Management (AFAIM)
- Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Associate Member of the Professional Speakers Association of Australia (PSA)